For people interested in getting started with the Keto diet, there’s quite a lot to learn and familiarize oneself with. However, for many people, that’s just the first half of the challenge. The other would be keeping up with the diet long enough for results to show.
Fortunately, there are many different products available that are designed to help make the process easier—especially for those who are just starting. One such product is KetoLogic, and they have plenty of good stuff to offer Keto dieters.
The Basics of the Ketogenic Diet
As previously mentioned, this is a high in fat, adequate in protein, and low-carb diet, which was initially meant to help treat epilepsy in children. The daily dietary macronutrients are divided into 55% to 65% fat, about 30% to 35% protein, and 5% to 10% carbs. Switching to a daily diet that consists of this basically “trains” the body to burn fat for energy consumption, rather than having it rely on carbohydrates—which is what it’s used to.
The body converts the carbs that we eat daily into glucose, which is what it uses to power our body and also fuels brain function. However, there is an alternative source of energy for our bodies in the form of fats. If you have very little carbohydrate content in your diet, the liver begins to convert the fat in our food, as well as the fat stored in our bodies, into Ketone bodies and fatty acids.
Slowly but surely, these Ketone bodies will make its ways throughout our bodies, eventually passing into the brain where it begins to replace glucose as its main fuel. For this to happen, our body will also undergo a significant yet healthy change. As you follow the Ketogenic diet, your body enters a state referred to as “Ketosis.” This is a natural metabolic state that occurs when the body is no longer completely reliant on glucose for energy and makes use of Ketones to compensate.
Ketosis is proven to help with reducing the frequency of epileptic seizures. In fact, in studies done on it, around half of the children and teens who have epilepsy reported that their seizures dropped by at least half just by trying some form of the Keto diet. This effect persisted even after they’ve stopped the diet. As for adults, there is some evidence that suggests how they may also receive the same benefit from it—given that they follow a more lenient form of it. (1)
What Is KetoLogic Diet?
At first glance, KetoLogic might seem to be no more than a Keto diet resource website. However, that is not all that they do. KetoLogic also manufactures its line of supplements, and meal replacement shakes.
Save an Extra 10%
By Using Our Exclusive KetoLogic Coupon Code: MUZCLE
But first, let’s go through what resources they have available. On their website, you’ll find several articles tackling different subjects related to Keto. They answer commonly asked questions, provide advice, as well as recommendations. One exciting thing I’ve noticed while browsing through their articles is that a fair amount of them was actually written by experts in the field. This means you’re getting well-informed advice and recommendations from people who know exactly what they’re talking about. For me, that’s definitely a plus.
That said, if there’s a downside to this particular area of KetoLogic, it would be the fact that it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of information you’re being given. You can work around that by browsing through each category first—the articles are divided into different “tags,” which makes searching for specific articles a bit easier.
The Whitepapers. Aside from casual articles, the website will also provide readers with access to newly published studies and research on the Ketogenic diet. This should enable you to keep up with improvements and new insight easily. In particular, people who may still be harboring doubts about the efficacy of Keto should be able to ease some of their worries by perusing these pages.
NOTE: Users may also submit their own articles to the website! This means you would be able to share what you have learned during your Keto journey to those who are still in the early stages of starting. For me, this makes me feel part of a larger community wherein I could learn from others, and they can learn from me too.
Educational Videos. Aside from written content, KetoLogic also provides its users with several educational videos, which again tackle different subjects about the diet. Here, you’ll find more information as well as fun yet useful tips that you can make use of in daily life. My favorite would be Jade Nelson’s tips for staying on the Ketogenic diet even while traveling. This particular video contains a lot of practical tips that I will certainly try the next time I’m on the road.
Their video content also has personal stories shared by people whose lives have been changed by the Keto diet. Now, I’m sure many would agree when I say that there are always difficult days when you’re doing Keto—like the ones where you’re wondering if it’s worth the effort since you do not yet see the results that you want. Through these videos, you’ll be able to relate your experiences to someone else’s and find the motivation to continue as well.
Who Is Behind KetoLogic?
On their website, the company states that its mission is to help educate people when it comes to the benefits of following a Ketogenic lifestyle. In line with that, they provide tools, products, and resources that would help sustain this way of living. A genuinely appealing concept if, like me, you are looking to better your way of life as well and improve your health in the process.
That said, here are the guys behind KetoLogic.
Mike McCandless is the founder of KetoLogic, and he is dedicated to helping others improve their lives through proper diet and nutrition. On the website, you’ll find a video where he talks more about what turned him to the Ketogenic diet. Here, he also touches on how the products were developed and what the inspiration behind everything was. This is a 2-minute video that will not only introduce you to Mike but also provide you with inspiring anecdotes— that I’m sure many us would be able to relate to.
Mike Hockenberry is KetoLogic’s CEO, and he credits the Ketogenic diet and lifestyle for making him a better person—a better father, husband, and a better businessman. Whether you’re a businessman or someone who works a regular 9 to 5 job, you’ll certainly agree with a lot of the points Hockenberry touches on. In particular, the need for high energy if one wants to succeed in whatever they do.
Among the reasons why I decided to try the Ketogenic lifestyle is this: I get exhausted easily and have been having trouble sleeping. Both contributed to a lower productivity level, which left me feeling unhappy and unaccomplished. For a while, I wasn’t sure what I was doing wrong—until I read more about Keto and figured out that it all boils down to my idea, what I have been fueling my body with.
Of course, getting started with Keto was not easy at all. Before I learned about KetoLogic, I was doing my own research and was overwhelmed by the amount of info online. It took a while to filter through everything—there are plenty of people saying different things, and it can get confusing. At some point, I even delayed getting started simply because finding the RIGHT info was a challenge in itself.
That said, having a resource website such as KetoLogic that has everything consolidated together is undoubtedly beneficial.
What Is KetoLogic 30 Day Challenge?
Now that we have the basics covered, let’s tackle the core of this review, which focuses on KetoLogic’s diet program: KETO 30 CHALLENGE.
As the name suggests, this is a 30-day weight loss program that can be done throughout the year. The program follows four simple steps, requiring participants to replace one of their regular meals with KetoLogic’s meal replacement drinks. These meal replacement drinks, along with the supplements, can be purchased separately or as part of the program bundle.
The 4-Step program:
- Replace one regular meal with the meal replacement drink.
- Eat two low-carb meals.
- Take 1 to 2 servings of KetoLogic’s BHB supplement.
Note that the KETO 3 bundle already contains a 30-day supply of the supplements and drinks that you need to get started. For people who want to get started right away, this is undoubtedly a plus. It takes the guessing game out of which MRP’s to buy or what kind of supplements to take to boost our progress.
Along with the diet program, KetoLogic offers a personalized coaching package meant to help participants make the most of their Keto journey. Personalized coaching isn’t a requisite for the diet program to work, but if you’re new to Keto diets or if you want something that’s tailored to your personal needs, then this is an excellent option to try. The package includes:
- An initial assessment (usually takes 45 to 60 minutes)
- Your own customized Ketogenic meal plan
- A total of 8 one-on-one phone check-ins
- Continuous personal support and guidance through email
The KetoLogic KETO 30 Challenge Bundle, which includes the diet plan along with all the supplements and drinks, costs $149.99. Note that this also comes with a free shaker. If you want to try personalized coaching, the total package will set you back $299.99.
Ketologic Promo Code: MUZCLE (Extra 10% Off)
What Is KetoLogic MRP (Meal Replacement?)
People tend to mistake meal replacements as being the same thing as protein shakes; this is even though there is a pretty significant difference between them. While protein shakes may satiate your hunger, it is often not enough to compensate for a full meal. Meal replacements, on the other hand, are specifically formulated to provide us with the same nutrition as a full meal.
These come in many different forms. Some have already been pre-made and sold either in cans or bottles. Then there are others, like the ones KetoLogic offers, which are in powder form and would have to be mixed with water or milk. Typically, these meal shakes will contain 200 to 400 calories plus a fair amount of protein. They are also good sources of essential vitamins, fiber, and minerals.
NOTE: Do keep in mind that meal shakes vary when it comes to nutrient compositions. The proportions of carbs, protein, and fat would differ as well.
Meal Replacements vs. Portion Control
Before trying it out for myself, I used to believe that meal replacements were nothing more than a fad. More often than not, I opted for portion control, as I thought it was better and more efficient. While there is truth to that, I found MRP’s to be easier to maintain. There is research to back this up as well; studies report that the use of MRP’s can be effective for producing a significant initial weight loss as well as reducing the effects of inflammation and oxidative stress, which are known to be the underlying cause for many chronic diseases. (2)
One of the biggest hindrances when it comes to weight loss is the fact that most people simply don’t have the luxury of time. Meal replacements make eating healthy more accessible and so much more convenient. It takes very little time but would provide you with the sustenance that you need, making you feel fuller for longer, so you eat less.
What drew me to giving KetoLogic a try is this. Their meal replacement shakes are formulated to go hand in hand with their diet plans, so you know everything you’re doing is working in harmony. Given that I was new to the Keto diet at the time, anything that would make my life easier was very much welcome.
So, what does KetoLogic have to offer in terms of shakes and supplements?
KetoLogic KetoMeal Shakes
The Keto 30 Challenge offered by KetoLogic recommends replacing one of your daily meals with their KetoLogic protein shake. These shakes also called KetoMeal, come in three different flavors: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. The recipe for is based on the macronutrient ratio known to support a low-carb and Ketogenic diet effectively; that is, fat to protein and carb ration, which should be 70:30.
Keep in mind that any excess in protein will be processed as carbs that can bring you out of Ketosis. It can also hinder weight loss and might even increase your hunger pangs between meals. This is what these shakes are for—helping us stay satiated for hours.
Note that KetoMeal does not contain any stimulants, and like all of KetoLogic’s products, they are free from artificial sweeteners and flavoring.
- A variety of vitamins and minerals
- MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) oil creamer
- Whey protein concentrate
- Fibersol 2
- Coconut oil creamer
Among these, Fibersol 2 is essential to make the meal replacement shakes more effective when it comes to decreasing your cravings and hunger pangs. It is a form of digestion-resistant maltodextrin, which helps prolong satiety. (3)
KetoLogic Shakes – Benefits:
- Boosts Ketosis. These shakes were formulated to support the Ketone production of the body, which is meant to help us achieve and maintain Ketosis.
- Easy to prepare. Convenience is vital for many people, especially those who are always on the go and don’t have much time to spend on meal preps. For this shake, all you’ll need is water and a shaker bottle. It can be prepared at any time, making it a great Keto snack as well.
- Aids in weight loss. Because of its high-fat content, these shakes are supposed to help us feel full for a longer period. In effect, this should lessen our cravings and make us eat less.
- Smooth texture. It is a pet peeve of mine when I purchase shakes that leave a chalky texture in my mouth after. These KetoMeals are among those that melts and blends quickly with water. For extra flavor, I suggest adding it to your morning brew or using almond milk instead.
KetoLogic Powder How to Use:
- Before opening the bottle, gently shake it to loosen up the powder as it can settle over time. Next, mix 1 serving to about 12 fl. oz. of water (you can adjust this according to your personal preference). Shake this well and consume slowly.
- The KetoMeal can also be frozen if you’re looking want a creamy gelato-like treat. On the KetoLogic website, you’ll also find a few recipes that you can create using the product. This is certainly a plus as you can get bored with having it the same way all the time. And if you’ve got a sweet tooth as I do, try the dark chocolate mudslide shake recipe—it’s delicious!
These meal replacement shakes are sold for $69.99 for the mix that would yield 20 drinks. If you’re doing the 30-day challenge, you’re going to need two packs to complete it. It’s fairly reasonable considering what you’re getting. Think of it as an investment towards your goals and your overall well-being.
Our Exclusive 10% Off Coupon Code: MUZCLE
What Is KetoLogic BHB?
This is one of the supplements offered by KetoLogic, touting it as a source of exogenous Ketones, which aids in Ketosis and overall weight loss. KetoLogic BHB comes in the form of a delicious and refreshing drink, which is great since you’ll be able to take it with you anywhere quite conveniently.
It comes in a variety of flavor combinations, including apple-pear, cucumber-lime, orange-mango, patriot pop, grape, and unflavored. You can also opt for ones that contain caffeine if you want an extra boost during the mornings. These, too, come in different flavors such as grape with caffeine and raspberry lemonade with caffeine. You’ve got plenty of options to choose from, so you can switch it up whenever you please—that’s great if you want to avoid getting tired of the same basic flavors.
What Does KetoLogic BHB Do?
What are exogenous Ketones for? Keto dieters make use of this to help suppress their appetite and reduce their cravings. It is also known to boost energy and can improve mental clarity. This can also serve as an alternative to afternoon coffees, the ones we often have to help push away the mental fog that usually comes after lunch.
If you’re like me and you enjoy combining regular workouts with Keto, this drink will help fuel you further during those days. Instead of grabbing another sports drink, which is mostly carb / sugar-based, this can be taken as an alternative. It can also replenish any lost electrolytes, so it’s also beneficial when it comes to alleviating the oft-dreaded symptoms of the Keto flu.
What Is BHB or Beta-Hydroxybutyrate?
This is one of 3 Ketones that our own body produces naturally during times when we’re fasting or going through low-carb, high-fat diets. When we’re in Ketosis, the body breaks down fat and uses it as fuel—through this process, BHB is formed and provides us with an alternate source of energy for the entire body. This includes our brains.
Out of the 3 Ketone bodies produced during Ketosis, BHB is known to the significantly higher in quantity. However, while it can speed up the process of Ketosis and help you lose weight faster, experts say that it should only be taken as a supplement and not as a shortcut to achieving your goals. (4, 5)
KetoLogic BHB Ingredients:
- Sodium beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB)
The essential ingredient here, of course, is BHB. However, its other mineral content such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and sodium actually help in boosting the effects of BHB—enabling the body to absorb it better. These minerals have also been proven to help balance electrolyte levels and prevent dehydration. (6)
How Many Carbs Is in Ketologic BHB?
- There are no carbs in KetoLogic BHB.
How Much BHB is in KetoLogic?
- As per the nutrition facts, this product contains 6g of BHB
How to Use KetoLogic BHB?
- Before using, make sure that you shake the bottle gently to loosen up the powder. There is a tendency for the product to settle— but it doesn’t affect its overall quality.
- Mix a scoop of it for every 8 to 12 fl. oz. of water. Consume this in small amounts throughout the day—remember, take sips and not gulps. This is so you can avoid the possibility of experiencing gastrointestinal issues, which is a common side-effect.
- According to the website, you can use twice the amount of powder and water to get optimal results. However, this is all entirely up to your personal preferences. For me, to make sure that I finish every serving, I opt for one scoop to every 12 fl. oz.
The BHB supplement costs $59.99 for a 30 serving bottle and $99.99 for a 60 serving bottle. Note that the price doesn’t change regardless of which flavor you get or if you opt for ones with caffeine in it. What if you’re unsure about the product but want to give it a try before spending money on the full-sized thing? Well, grab one of their BHB sample packs at $9.99. This sample pack contains three different flavors, plus one of their Keto-friendly snacks. You’ll be getting:
- One serving of apple-pear
- One serving of orange-mango
- One serving of cucumber lime
- One serving of FBOMB macadamia pecan nut butter
This should also allow you to try out other flavors before choosing one for yourself. Personally, I prefer the orange-mango as it’s got the right sweetness without becoming too overpowering. Reading reviews from others, the apple-pear seems to be popular as well.
Note that all of these drinks are vegan and non-GMO, save for the cucumber-lime flavor.
KetoLogic BHB Reviews
A fair majority of the reviews on this product have been positive, with many highlighting its flavor and how quickly it was able to get them into Ketosis. As per the company’s claims, the reviews attest to the fact that it can help in improving mental clarity and energy. Some people cited that they’ve also begun drinking this instead of coffee as a pick me up whenever they experience low energy during the afternoons.
People who used it regularly and in combination with the KetoLogic diet report its effectiveness towards suppressing their appetite, allowing them to maintain their weight loss progress. The absence of any artificial flavoring was also a point many users have highlighted.
However, no product is entirely without fault. If there’s a common denominator when it comes to negative feedback, it usually points to the bottles not containing the 30 servings which it promises. Note that a few people have also talked about experiencing certain side effects while taking the BHB powder; this includes people having upset stomachs, which could be triggered by the combination of particular food items with the exogenous Ketones contained in the product.
Save 10% By Using Our KetoLogic Discount Code: MUZCLE
Other Keto Products from KetoLogic
Aside from meal replacement products and BHB supplements, KetoLogic has a slew of other products made to help you maintain your Keto progress. Here’s a quick rundown:
One of my biggest challenges, when it came to staying Keto, is the fact that I love snacking, and my favorites were those starchy potato chips. Finding a Keto replacement, one that I didn’t have to make myself, was a challenge at first. So these crisps were at the top of my list when it came to which treats from KetoLogic I should try.
These are made from natural cheese and contains no artificial flavoring. It’s also gluten-free and vegan. The chips come in 3 flavors: chili lime, cheddar, and buffalo. My taste when it comes to snacks is pretty simple, so my favorite was cheddar— buffalo being a close second. For $27.99, you get six-packs of 1.75-ounce bags.
- KetoLogic Coffee Creamer
Usually, coffee creamers do nothing else aside from making your morning brew richer. With this, however, you get an extra boost of fat macros—just in time for breakfast. For me, the real perk is in the steady energy it provides. Mornings are when I need that the most, especially when it comes to brain fuel.
Though it is meant to assist with Ketogenic diets, you can still have this even if you’re not on it. You’ll still get all the benefits.
- KetoLogic MCT Oil
This provides a source of high-quality fat that can boost overall energy levels. Most dieters make use of this to fuel their workouts, enabling them to prolong their sessions. Adding this to your daily diet may help with weight management without having to worry about increasing your metabolic risk factors. (7, 8)
MCT oils can be taken daily and added to a wide variety of things. My favorite is adding it to my drinks, but it can also be used in soups and salads. Note that if this is your first time using MCT’s always start with the smallest amount, which is one teaspoon, and consume it slowly. This should help minimize any potential gastrointestinal issues. You can gradually increase your intake over the next few days. (9, 10)
WARNING: Avoid mixing this oil with hot beverages and liquids that are contained in a styrofoam cup. It can cause a chemical reaction, which can lead to the cup dissolving.
Aside from learning about the product and what it can offer, it is equally important to read up on reviews provided by others who have tried it before. For me, this is a way of assessing if a) the product is something I would be able to enjoy and incorporate into my everyday life b) if it’s worth the price—after all, we are investing a relatively significant amount of money into this. We can’t just blindly go for it or do so impulsively. Here’s what people have to say about the product; note that I’ve consolidated the most common comments on it:
- Easy to follow. For beginners and people who don’t have a lot of spare time, the fact there’s only four easy steps to follow makes the diet very easy to incorporate into their daily schedule. It is more “realistic” for the average person, in comparison to the other more complicated weight loss programs.
- A steady dose of energy. This is a plus for me as well. The diet delivers a steady flow of energy hours into starting the meal replacement shakes. There’s none of that jittery feeling that I sometimes get when taking energy drinks or something like coffee, for example.
- Convenient to use. Many also appreciated the fact that KetoLogic is offering everything in a bundle as it means they could get started right away as soon as the package arrives. That said, some thought the price was a little steep.
- Gastrointestinal Issues. Among the many reviews, there seemed to be people who also experienced GI while on KetoLogic. The cases ranged from being mild to a degree where the person had to stop using the products. Users are given a warning to drink the products in small amounts during the day, instead of doing it in one go. However, it must also be noted that some people tend to be more sensitive when it comes to these things when compared to others.
- Might be a little too strong for newbies to Keto. If this is your first time trying out Keto drinks and meal replacements, you might want to pace yourself. Always talk to your physician before starting anything to make sure that your body is capable of handling it. These drinks do contain potent active ingredients that, while helpful, can also cause side effects.
Where to Buy KetoLogic
KetoLogic can be bought through its website, as well as from GNC stores, making it easily accessible to just about anyone. The supplements can also be purchased off Amazon, as well as other websites, including Walmart and eBay. These places also offer KetoLogic bundles, so you might want to check them out—just be wary of prices as it can also vary from one seller to another. If you find a deal that might seem too good to be true, then it probably is. Do shop wisely.
The company is confident enough in their products and the results it is capable of, to offer clients the chance to return it within 30 days should they be dissatisfied with it. A critical note about returns is that this 30-day guaranteed only applies to purchases made through the website. If you happen to have purchased yours through dealers like GNC, contact them for more info about their personal return policies as well as the refund options available to you.
KetoLogic Coupon Code
Want to try the product without having to pay full price?
Coupon hunting is your best bet when it comes to these—luckily, we have an exclusive KetoLogic coupon to save you time!
Use Our Exclusive 10% Off Coupon Code: MUZCLE
Recap and Final Thoughts
To reiterate, no product is made perfect, and this applies to KetoLogic’s offerings as well. That said, here’s what I liked about their products:
- The diet plan is easy to maintain. I would have to agree with the reviews mentioning this fact. Given my daily schedule and how busy life can get for me, the fact that I only need to follow four easy steps is undoubtedly convenient. There’s a bit of an adjustment period when it comes to the meal replacement, especially if you haven’t been dieting for a while, but it’s still doable.
- The resources. Aside from the products, any dieter will benefit from all the information, tips, and advice provided by the KetoLogic website. For me, personally, I treat many of their published content as guides toward boosting my weight loss and improving my health. On days when I do feel as if I’m falling behind or when the diet gets a bit much, reading up on success stories and testimonies really helps a lot.
- Personalized Coaching. For people looking for tailored programs, especially if they have specific preferences or special needs health-wise, this would be helpful.
There’s always room for improvement when it comes to these programs and based on my own observations, here are a few that could use a bit of work:
- Not enough information on the company. When it comes to trying new diet programs or weight loss products, the first thing I look up is the company’s history. While doing that for KetoLogic, I learned that there really isn’t much info out there aside from what’s available on their website.
- The diet isn’t for everyone. This is especially so if you’re not ready to give up carbs just yet. Of course, this all boils down to personal preference, and the sole reason I’m mentioning it here is that there have been cases of people trying out KetoLogic only to give up halfway because they are unable to control their carb cravings despite the supplements.
- Cost. The fact is, it does cost a bit more compared to others. There are alternative diets available that do cost less than KetoLogic but do keep in mind that it won’t deliver the same result or follow the same process. Personally, after giving the program and products a try, the price is well worth the result.
The only thing is that you must be diligent when it comes to following it. Otherwise, you won’t get the result that you want; that’s something you can blame on the diet plan or the products you’ve been provided.
Last Updated on