Are you searching for delicious keto-approved treats to fill in your daily cravings? Then, you may be interested in Keto Krate, a monthly food pack subscription service loaded with keto-friendly snacks that surely fits in your keto diet plans.
In this article, we are doing a Keto Krate review. We’ll check what kinds of snacks you’ll find in a Keto Krate box. We’ll also determine if these snacks are really keto-friendly and worth adding to your daily keto meal plans.
What Is Keto Krate?
Keto Krate is a food subscription service that consists of a box filled with 8-9 different kinds of high-fat, low-carb snacks. The snack-filled boxes are then delivered to your doorstep each month.
Snacks included in a box of Keto Krate are all:
- Soy and sucralose conscious
- Contains only 5 grams of net carbs or less per serving
These snacks promise to fill your hungry moments with delicious low-carb treats, so you don’t have to reach out for a sugary snack and mess with your ketosis instead.
One box of Keto Krate also contains other goodies, including the following:
- A recipe card for a unique keto-friendly dish
- Discount codes for keto-friendly nibbles
- A motivational keto diet success story
Snacks and add-ons vary each month, so subscribers won’t get bored with receiving the same products over and over.
Signing up for a subscription also adds you to their Members Club. Through the club, you’ll gain digital access to all their discount codes, success stories, and recipes.
RELATED: KetoLogic Review: The Supreme Guide
Keto Krate Plan Overview
Keto Krate has two kinds of subscription plans:
- Nibbler – This is a good plan for moderate snack consumers. You will receive at least four or more snacks per month. The price is at $19.99 monthly.
- Muncher – This is a larger Keto Krate filled with eight snacks or more. Subscription costs $39.99 per month.
You may purchase a plan for yourself, or you may also gift it for a friend.
The company offers free shipping to the USA and its territories in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska. They also ship to Canada, with fees ranging from $8.99 for the Nibbler plan and $10.99 for the Muncher plan.
Snacking on a Ketogenic Diet
The ketogenic diet has long been used to improve the conditions of children with epilepsy and adults with status epilepticus (1).
But it has been found that this high-fat, low-carb diet can induce rapid weight loss, which can last up to 2 years (2). This makes the ketogenic diet an attractive diet plan for obese people and those who simply feel the need to manage their weight.
The ketogenic diet is pretty much straightforward. Eat meals that have very low carbohydrate content, while packing on healthy fats to induce ketosis (3) and eventually use stored fats for energy. However, there are times when you do get hungry in between meals, and reaching for a ketogenic-friendly snack isn’t that easy.
Snacks often marketed as health-food nibbles tend to be high in sugar content. But most of these snacks do not fit the ketogenic diet bill because they are high in carbs and low in fat.
Snacking may be detrimental to your ketogenic diet, especially if you factor in the following motivations to snack (4):
- Eating in the absence of hunger
- Food choices depending on eating locations
- Social and food culture
- Distracted eating
- Rewarding properties of food (hedonic eating)
Unhealthy snacking associated with the factors as mentioned earlier may lead to weight gain, excess energy intake, and little nutrition in the body (5).
However, snacking can also benefit the body when done in the right way.
A ketogenic diet may leave you feeling starving, especially if you are a beginner. Hence, a quick nibble in-between your meals is an excellent way to slowly ease into the diet and improve your energy levels.
You must be conscious of your snacking choices and serving portions so as not to overeat and surpass the recommended daily net carb intake of 20 grams or less per day.
Ideal ketogenic-friendly snacks are those that have a net carb content of 5 grams or less. They must have a high content of quality fats to continue facilitating ketosis. They must also be filling even if you munch on a few servings only.
The Keto Krate Review: Is It Good for You?
Finding the perfect keto-friendly snack is hard. Not all snacking options available in the market are keto-approved. Those who are indeed keto-friendly may either be too costly or too hard to order.
Now, Keto Krate comes to the rescue by offering a variety of nibbles that can safely satisfy a keto dieter.
Keto Krate Subscription Pros
What is good about Keto Krate? We list down some of its pros:
- Conveniently have keto-friendly snacks at your disposal every month.
As previously mentioned, keto snacks are hard to find in your typical grocery or convenience store. Most of them can only be purchased separately online.
If you want to have a variety of keto snacks at your disposal, you’d have to separately buy a different snack from a different online store, which can take a toll on your budget due to the separate shipping fees on top of the expensive costs of individual snacks.
Keto Krate solves this problem by packing 4-8 different kinds of keto-friendly nibbles in one box. Most of these snacks cannot be found in local stores. Hence, you get the benefit of getting lots of keto-approved goodies delivered straight to your doorstep for a fraction of the price, as compared to individually ordering them online.
You also don’t have to exert much effort in looking for new and interesting keto snacks. Contents of Keto Krate boxes differ monthly, so it’s an exciting and fuss-free way to discover new keto-approved snack items you can add to your daily meals.
- Snacks are free from unnecessary ingredients.
Keto Krate ensures customers that the snacks they include in their boxes are free from ingredients such as gluten, maltitol, and aspartame. They also aim to add products that use soy and sucralose sparingly.
- Gluten is a protein family found in cereal grains. Several people adopt a gluten-free diet because they experience digestive symptoms when ingesting gluten-rich foods (6).
- Maltitol is classified as sugar alcohol. It is used as a sweetener and can often be found in certain foods, cosmetics, and medications.
Maltitol is considered as a carbohydrate and is therefore not a good idea to include in a ketogenic-friendly snack, as it may raise the total number of net carbs of a food item. It may also cause possible disturbances in the gut, such as flatulence, constipation, and diarrhea (7).
- Aspartame is another artificial sweetener often added in carbonated beverages and powdered drinks. Too much consumption of aspartame may lead to oxidative stress and cell membrane damage, which will consequently lead to systemic inflammation (8). It may also cause problems in behavioral aspects and brain function (9).
- Soy might be low in carbs and high in fat, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it is a keto-friendly ingredient. Eating soy-based products may significantly alter hormones in women (10). It may also negatively affect the bacterial flora of the body, as evidenced by an increase in endotoxin markers in the liver (11).
- Sucralose is a sweetener that is also widely used in various food items today. Studies have shown that cooking sucralose at high temperatures could create a class of compounds potentially harmful to human health (12). It also has the potential to become a cancer-causing agent when taken in large amounts over a long period (13).
Without these five unnecessary food ingredients, snacks collected and packed by Keto Krate are guaranteed safe, clean, and healthy for you.
- Keto Krate guarantees low-carb snacks, all the time.
Snacks are often high in carbs to make them filling and appetizing. If you are on a keto diet, you must be mindful of what kinds of snacks you’re nibbling on so as not to mess with your body’s ketosis state. You must make sure not to exceed 20-50 grams of net carbs per day on a ketogenic diet (14).
Unfortunately, finding the right low-carb snacks may be a challenge to many.
Hence, a keto subscription food service like Keto Krate promises to do the hard work for you. They are the ones researching the best keto-friendly snacks across the globe, bringing them all together in a monthly box so that you don’t have to go looking for each snack everywhere.
The snacks they pack are all low-carb and high-fat, perfect for inserting on a keto meal plan. Let’s take a look at some snacks included in previous Keto Krate boxes:
- Atkins Lemon Bars – These sweet and tasty lemon bars only have 3 grams of net carbs and 7 grams of fat per serving. It’s a light and citrusy snack that’s a perfect ending to a savory keto meal.
- Delightfully Yours Original Parmesan Crisps – These crisp and cheesy baked goodies are made from 100% aged parmesan cheese. It’s a great alternative to traditional crackers. Each serving contains 1 gram of net carbs and 7 grams of fat.
- Cinnamon Smartcakes – This product is a cupcake and cinnamon roll merged into one snack. With 2.5 grams of fat and literally no net carbs, these soft and delicious cakes are practically a guilt-free keto dieter’s treat.
- Ultima Fruit-Flavored Electrolyte Supplement Drink Sticks – Keto dieters are prone to suffer from electrolyte imbalances (15). Hence, an electrolyte supplement drink comes in handy.
These delicious powdered drinks from Ultima has six electrolytes and additional minerals to keep you from being sluggish while you are on a ketogenic diet. The drinks have no fat or carbs content, making it ultimately keto-friendly.
As you can see, most of the snacks have a net carb content of fewer than 5 grams per serving. Some even do not have carbs at all!
- You can save more on keto-friendly nibbles each month.
Foraying into the ketogenic diet is not always friendly on the budget. Ketogenic snacks are often expensive, and they are not always accessible in local stores.
Keto Krate helps you get the most out of your money by offering up to $20 worth of discount coupons for various keto-friendly snacks every month.
Not to mention that their two subscription box plans are also affordably priced at $19.99 and $39.99, respectively. This is in comparison to ordering several kinds of keto snacks online and paying for each one with separate shipping prices.
They also have a no-obligation, no-contract policy, which means you may opt-out of the service anytime without being bound to a particular subscription contract. This is a good bonus if you’re just looking out for a few new snacking ideas and have no intention to receive a continuous supply of snacks every month.
- Monthly snacks and additional goodies are unique, keeping boredom at bay.
You’re most likely to stick on your keto diet if you don’t get tired of the same food products over and over. Keto Krate understands this, and so they endeavor to include unique products in their boxes. They change the snacks each month to give you a variety of snacking options to choose from.
Coupons, recipes, and success stories are also different each month. It’s really an exciting way to get the motivation to continue pushing through your ketogenic diet routine.
Keto Krate Subscription Cons
While there are lots of pros of subscribing to Keto Krate, we’ve found a few cons to it as well:
- May not be suited for all keto dieters.
A monthly box full of various kinds of nibbles may not be attractive to dieters, who only want to eat one or two types of snacks only. After all, not all dieters have the same adventurous tastes.
These keto-dieters may benefit from a box or two so that they can find their keto snacking nirvana. But subsequent monthly boxes full of other snacks may not be ideal for them and thus just be a waste of money for them.
- Products are not entirely suitable for vegans and those with allergies to nuts and dairy.
Keto Krate does not guarantee that their products are all appropriate for vegan customers. They also include snacks that have dairy, Kosher, and nut ingredients in it, making it not suitable for those who are allergic to these components.
- They do not ship internationally.
As of writing, Keto Krate only ships to the USA and Canada. Free shipping is offered within the USA and its territories, while minimal fees apply for Canada shipping. Unfortunately, interested overseas customers cannot avail of the Keto Krate just yet.
Verdict After Reviewing Keto Krate Subscription Services
After our thorough review, we’ve determined that Keto Krate’s monthly boxes filled with keto-friendly goodies are truly worth it!
The products found inside a Keto Krate box are all keto-approved, containing less than 5 grams of net carbs each, and do not contain harmful ingredients that may hinder your ketogenic diet plan. Each snack is tasty and unique. Plus, it comes with free stories, recipes, and coupons, which really gets more bang out of your bucks.
Keto Krate surprises its customers by sending a variety of nibbles every month. It gets dieters out of their boredom and keeps them motivated to continue being on keto because of the large variety of unique snacks that they might otherwise not find at their local stores.
Keto Krate might not be a good choice for you if you have nut and dairy allergies, or if you are a vegan alongside being a keto-dieter. If you prefer to indulge in one or two kinds of keto snacks alone, this box of goodies might also not work for you.
You may also not benefit from Keto Krate if you live outside the USA or Canada.
Apart from those minor cons, our Keto Krate review approves of this subscription service! It’s totally worth giving a try if you’re serious about going and staying on a keto diet. Your keto snacking woes finally have a cost-efficient and fun solution in the form of Keto Krate boxes.
Last Updated on